Bridal Timeline Checklist
October 2, 2013
Great skin unfortunately doesn't happen overnight, so you need to make sure you prepare in advance to have your skin looking its best for the big day. It's important to remember that your makeup will only look as good as the canvas underneath. Here's a basic and quick checklist of the things you can do to help your skin be in the best shape possible for your wedding day!
6 months before:
- See a dermatologist for any serious skin issues.
- Start a consistent skincare routine. Make sure you ALWAYS wash your face, morning and night.
- Book both your hair and makeup appointments. If your wedding falls into the spring and summer season, this is the busiest time of year for makeup artists and hair stylists. Make sure you cross this off your list as soon as possible.
5-6 months before:
- Teeth whitening. You're going to be smiling all day! It will be all over your photos and...lipstick will pop much more against a radiant white smile!
- Workout... if you have a workout routine, make sure you stay consistent. A crash diet right before your wedding is a no-no—it's unhealthy and affects the appearance of your skin (in a bad way).
- Eat clean and healthy. Your diet also affects your skin, so consume lots of veggies, fruit, and lean protein.
3-4 months before:
- Test your spray tans or self tanners. If you are going this route, make sure you know what you are in for! Do not decide to test out the new self tanning lotion too close to your day!
- Facials! This will help get rid of dead skin cells... It will also be a great time for you to relax!
1-2 months before:
- Schedule and complete your hair and makeup trials!
- Those brows... Make an appointment with a local expert. Please ask for recommendations! Eyebrows are everything when it comes to framing the face.
- Confirm a week beforehand with your hair and makeup artist.
- Exfoliate at least once a week. This helps with skin cell turnover, which is super important for your makeup application.
Don't forget to relax and enjoy this time and make the most of it. Remember, a stress-free and HAPPY bride is the most beautiful bride!